اعلان هااااااااااااااام


Translate

A Counter Cry

Thursday, September 27, 2012

WN.com - World News
Latest headlines from WN Network
A Counter Cry
Sep 28th 2012, 04:39

In late December, 2008, as I was boarding a flight for New Zealand with my two girls, the phone rang. An ordinary occurrence but, on this occasion, an extraordinary request. I had been invited to play John Williams' "Air and Simple Gifts" at the inauguration of President Obama, with Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Anthony McGill. I had many hours to ponder the implications of this request. I, a Venezuelan, had been handed the opportunity to represent my native land in my adopted one, on this most historic and conciliatory of occasions. It was an incalculable honor. If the inauguration of President Obama symbolized anything, it was the overdue victory of human dignity over barbarism, equality...

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 Responses to A Counter Cry

Post a Comment